We had a GREAT time! Thank you for supporting our school. There is still time to turn in any donations if you have them at home. The final count will be made after the 26th.
It was a beautiful day yesterday for the Walkathon. The kids had a GREAT time! Tomorrow is the last day for you to send in your donations and we should hear next week about the top winning class.
The Walk-a-thon is tomorrow. Your child is encouraged to wear tennis shoes, comfy clothes and blue/gold. Don’t forget to send in your donations. We are no longer in the top three.
We would like to announce the classes who are leading the race to the WALK-A-THON LIMO RIDE at the end of each day. To do so, we will need you to enter your earnings once per day. Only enter once per day so we can get a fairly accurate indication of the predicted amount per class.
TREK For TECH Walk-A-Thon: September 26. Money Due September 28, 2012.
Our ANNUAL WALK-A-THON is coming! It is just a week away–September 26!
What is needed for this day?
- Good weather. If it rains, we will hold it inside.
- Blue/Gold Eagle Colors
- Walking Shoes
- DONATIONS to help us fund family events and cool new tech tools for the classrooms!
Who walks? EVERYONE! We invite parents and grandparents to join us!
Who donates? EVERYONE! The children will be bringing home walk-a-thon forms this week. We would like you to try to donate $25 per child. Hit up those friends, co-workers and relatives. Tell them how cool it is to be at Georgetown and how much we would love these donations to keep doing all the cool things we do AND do more with tech tools.
And…if you can’t make the $25 mark, we will take every single donation amount no matter how much.
Again…ALL CHILDREN walk…no matter what. No one is prevented from walking. This is not only a fundraiser for our great school, it is also a time for us to walk (exercise) and be a happy community supporting our school together.
What are the prizes? THEY ARE AMAZING THIS YEAR!
- Top EARNING WINNERs (5): MAY 2013 POOL PARTY AT MRS. REAGAN’S HOUSE. A BLAST…and worth waiting until the pool is open and the weather is warm in late May. We eat snack, swim, lunch, swim, eat ice cream, swim, eat popsicles, swim. We do all of this while everyone else is at school!
- Top WINNERS for EACH GRADE (6): PIZZA PARTY WITH MRS. REAGAN–at school. We will have pizza, pop and an extra long lunch.
- Top WINNING CLASSROOM: Prize to be announced
- EVERY PARTICIPANT who raises $25 or more get the most awesome FOAM FINGER! These are really really cool. Thank you Mrs. Impens for finding these!
- EVERY PARTICIPANT will be entered into drawings for really cool prizes. We are still collecting these so details coming soon!
Watch for the Walk-A-Thon details to arrive home this week.
Start thinking about who you can ask to donate money to our school.
Save the date of September 26 for your blue/gold wear and get your favorite walking shoes ready.
The children had a wonderful time during the Walk-a-thon and all of the green was amazing! Remember there is still time to send in your donations so don’t forget to return your envelope.
Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.
Greetings parents and students and welcome to the 2010 – 2011 school year!
The 2010 Walk A Thon kicks off today….and this is our primary fund-raiser for our school. This translates into: WE WON’T ASK YOU FOR MONEY TO SUPPORT THE STUDENT/FAMILY/LEARNING ACTIVITIES FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE YEAR~
For those who wonder what your money would fund, the list includes (and is not limited to) the following:
- Parent Child Activites (Mother/Son; Father/Daughter)
- Secret Santa Shop/School Carnival
- Field Trips (one trip per student is funded every year)
- Books for our school library
- Framing for our school art collection (student art work)
- PE/ART/Music Support
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- If funds are available, stipends for classroom learning materials.
- And….much, much more!
Our goal is to have ALL students participate and for each to strive for a personal goal of raising at least $25.
To make participation easy for everyone, we are holding this event during the day– students can walk, jog, or run around the course. All participants will receive water and a nut-free/milk free snack after the event.
This year, the schedules are as follows:
Wednesday, September 29th: 9:45 – 11:15
Morning ECSE, PK, K, 3rd, 4th and 5th Grades
Thursday, September 30th: 1:45 – 3:15
Afternoon ECSE, Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd Grade
All participants who collect over $25 will win a special prize and will be entered into a raffle for more exciting prizes which include a Wii, a Great Wolf Lodge package, a Hudsonville Gold card and a Pool Party Afternoon at Mrs. Reagan’s Pool! (And…even though Mrs. Reagan is typing this and is really biased, the pool party was a blast!)
Also, the class who collectively raises the most money will be treated to a pizza party!
Here are some days to remember:
- September 13 – Kickoff of the event
- September 28th – Completed donation forms and money due back to the school
- September 29th and 30th – Walk A Thon takes place
- Mid October – Prizes are awarded
As always, we encourage parents to attend the event to cheer on the students. We are still looking for volunteers to help on the day of the event, so if you are able to help, please contact Jodi Royse at 616-610-4306 or email@example.com
Thank you for helping us to make this event a HUGE success!!!