The big program is coming…the first week of December! Details of our K-5 holiday program are below. Read and re-read before the program on December 2!
Where is the church?
Address: 2900 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426; Fair Haven Ministries
is located down the road from Georgetown Elementary at the corner of Baldwin Street and 28th Ave. This program is led by Georgetown’s two music teachers: Mrs. VanRiijs Gr K and Mrs. Bretz Gr 1-5.
What time do students need to be at the church? 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM
- K, Gr. 1, Gr 2: Arrive at 6:15 pm; Performance at 6:30
- Grades 3,4 and 5: Arrive at 7:30 pm; Performance at 7:45
Where does my child need to go when they get to the church?
There will be signs at the church directing you to your child’s classroom assignment and also this information will be sent home prior to the program. Below are the room assignments by grade. To view a map of the room locations, click here: fairhavenmap
- K – Family Life Center
- 1st – 100 Wing
- 2nd – 400 Middle
- 3rd – 100 Wing
- 4th – 400 Middle
- 5th – Family Life Center
How long will the program be? Each group will perform for about 30 minutes.
What order are the grades singing?
K, followed by 1st/2nd grades; Grade 3 followed by 4th/5th Grades.
Can we save seats prior to the program?
No. The only reserved seats will be for the directors, videographer, and teachers.
- The doors to the sanctuary (where the children perform) will open at6:15. There is AMPLE seating so we want you to know that you will have a WONDERFUL SEAT no matter where you are seated.
- Please be respectful and courteous to other families as you make your way into the sanctuary and during the performance.
- WCET TV will be taping and televising the program so that families who are unable to attend can still see it. If you do not want your child to be shown on WCET TV, do not attend the program. Notify your child’s teacher and Mrs. Bretz/Mrs. VanRiijs that your child will be staying home rather than participating.
Is food or drink allowed in the church?
No food or drink is allowed in the church.
Do the students need to wear anything special?
No. Most students love to dress up and will wear special Christmas dresses or “church clothes”, but there is no requirement. Exception: Children who have a part and require special costumes. Mrs. Bretz would have sent a note home to you if this were the case–so you will be aware in advance.
How do students get special parts?
- Auditions during or after class time.
- History of prior solo or part performance in past years.
- There are 600+ students and we do our best to make this process fair and equitable over time.
- MAP of the CHURCH will arrive home on Tuesday. It is also available here: fairhavenmap
- DVD order form will be attached to this information. You can also download the order form here: Holiday DVD Order Form
- NOTE: Georgetown does NOT set the price for the DVD. This is done by WCET. The cost of the DVD goes toward programming fees, staff compensation, materials, etc.
On December 1 we will hold our all school Holiday Program at Fair Haven Ministries located on Baldwin St. and 28th Ave. Important details about this performance are as follows:
There are two separate programs:
Grade PK-2 at 6 pm and Grades 3-5 at 7:15 pm.
Drop off times:
* Grades 3-5 need to be dropped off between 6:45-7 pm. The program begins at 7:15 pm. Please keep your child’s coat with you.
* Parents will be dismissed to pick their children up in the classrooms as soon as the program in completed.
It’s official! Resurrection Life Church has provided us with a snow day for our Holiday Program. If we have a snow day on Thursday, December 10, our Holiday Program will be canceled. The program will then be held on Thursday, December 17 at 7 pm.
This contingency plan has been developed to ensure that the projected winter storm MISS our area and allow our program to go on as planned. However, if the storm does hit our area, our music teachers and students know that all their rehearsal time will still be rewarded the following week. As theatre veteran Noël Coward once said, “THE SHOW MUST GO ON!”