The object of the event is for each class/team to collect as many SILVER coins as possible during the “war” to help raise funds for school supplies, field trips, events, etc. NO PENNIES or CANADIAN coins are permitted in the container. Students bring U.S. silver coins to school and place them in the container in their classroom.
- Monday, February 26 – Thursday, March 1 – Students may bring in coins and fill their container
- Tuesday, February 27 – Wednesday February 28 – Gold and Silver DRESS UP DAYS.
- Thursday March 1: Containers collected at the end of the day and counted over the weekend.
Prizes are as follows:
- 1st place class: Special, extra long lunch and dessert with Principal
- 2nd place class: Ice Cream party
- 3rd place class: Pizza party
- Highest earning grade level: extra recess and PJ Day
Georgetown families showed tremendous support for our building community service project, “Takin Down Cancer-Community for a Cure.”
It took four trips into the bank on Friday to deposit the coins and cash raised. Our school raised over $1,000 on Friday alone. WOW!
For the week Georgetown brought in $2,784.85 by collecting coins, cash donations and having a couple of class coin wars. If you add in the the monies acquired through t-shirt sales bought by staff and a few students we raised well over $3,000.00.
The organizers of the event are overwhelmed by the outpouring of support by our Georgetown family and are extremely appreciative.
As a teenager involved in the event said, “Your school is the BOSS!,” and ” You are my hero’s.”
Well, I think that sums it up!
Thanks again for yet another successful building community service project!