Study Island

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 11.28.22 AM

I have created an assignment on Study Island that is due on Sunday. It is titled Text Features.

What is Study Island?

•  Study Island is an online learning program designed to help your child practice our third grade learning objectives.
  •   This program will serve as our homework on occasion – thus eliminating the need for as many paper copies – and serving as a history of practice that is accessible to both parents and the teacher.

Fast Facts:

•   Every student has his/her own username and password.
  •   The program is divided into sections based on subject.
  •   Each subject is made up of topics, each of which corresponds to a specific state standard.
  •   Each topic contains lessons, practice questions and explanations.
  •   Most topics are accompanied by a lesson which includes some brief information about the material covered by the questions in the topic.

How do I log in to Study Island?

•   Go to www.studyisland.com and enter your username and password.

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 11.28.30 AM

How does my child use Study Island?

•   After signing in on Study Island’s home page, click the subject tab on which you wish to work or check your student’s class page for assignments created by your child’s teacher.
  •   To pass a topic, your child must satisfy the topic’s passing goal which is based on a minimum number of questions answered and a minimum percentage correct. A blue ribbon is displayed next to all passed topics.
  •   Once your child has passed all of the topics in the subject, he or she will have to pass the Post Test for the subject. Ignore this step if the subject has no Post Test.
  •   Once your child passes all topics in all sections, he has completed the Study Island program.

How do I monitor my child’s progress?

Screen Shot 2015-10-27 at 11.29.06 AM

•   Log in to Study Island with your student’s username and password.
  •   Click on My Reports.

·   Click on a report and select the appropriate grade level.