Our field trip is tomorrow. Please remember to send your child to school with comfy clothes, tennis shoes, sunscreen, disposable water bottle, and sack lunch.
Parents are welcome to come, but will need to provide their own transportation to each location. Please arrive at school in the morning with your child. That way we can tell you what group of kids you will be in charge of and can possibly set up car pools.
I can’t believe how quickly the year is coming to an end! We started spelling out “THIRD GRADE” for our remaining days leaving the last day open. Today we worked on “the biggest bubble.” Tomorrow is “hat day” and we are also wearing red, white and blue.
Just Write Video:
Flashcards came home today reviewing the key vocabulary words for our Earth Changes unit. Our test will be on Friday. Here is the link for the flashcards online (just in case your child misplaces the cards): Flashcards.
We were the winners from the Jet’s Pizza night in April. Our party will be on Wednesday. Please send your child with a drink and extra snack. Thanks!
We are learning about Michigan’s government. Here is the information that will be coming home on a review sheet closer to the assessment. There will be a test on Tuesday, May 13th.
- Judicial Branch: Supreme Court, Judges (7), interpret laws
- Executive Branch: Governor, enforce laws
- Legislative Branch: Senate (38), House of Representatives (110), make laws
- Why do we have 3 branches of government and not just one? We have three branches so that no one has too much power.
- What is democracy? It is a form of government in which the power is held by the people when they vote for leaders and laws.
- What is Popular Sovereignty? It is the right to vote to make decisions.
- What is the Capital of Michigan? Lansing
- How do senators, representatives, and governors get their jobs? They are elected.
- What happens if the governor signs a bill? It becomes a law.
- What is a veto? If the governor thinks a law is wrong he/she can veto (reject) the law.
We will not have homework tonight (Tuesday). Enjoy the sunshine. Please remember to bring your library books back tomorrow.