Dear Parents and 3rd Graders,
I want to welcome you to third grade at Georgetown Elementary! You already know how lucky I am to get to have YOU as a student for next year.
My name is Mrs. McDonald. This will be my 8th year at Georgetown and my 16th year in the Hudsonville district. I have three beautiful daughters and 1 son. Two are in college, one is 10th grade and my youngest daughter is in 7th grade.
I can’t wait to hear all about you! Keep reading over the summer because that will be very important! A school supply list will be posted July 1. I will provide most of the essentials, but a few highly recommended items are listed! Happy shopping!
Please register for email updates on the blog! This will help you to be alerted each time a new post is added.
I am looking forward to getting to know and building relationships with all of you!
Just a reminder, your child’s teacher for next year is listed in the last sentence of the comment section. If you do not see it there, please email me and I will pull up the report card and let you know. Have a fantastic summer!
Just keep reading! The children are amazing readers and to keep them going, Georgetown will have open library for your child to access books.
I can’t believe it is already time to say good-bye. The children were amazing helpers! Here is the plan for tomorrow:
- If it is not raining, we will have Field Day 9:00-12:15 (wear tennis shoes and bring a water bottle).
- We will then eat lunch outside but they can get hot lunch (feel free to join us).
- After lunch we will have our final clean up, awards & raffle.
- We will also be answering questions from our 2nd grade friends so that they are comfortable with the transition.
- School dismisses at 3:35
- Report cards will be mailed after Friday & next year’s teacher is posted in the comment section.