We will go shopping on December 11th at 11:25 at Georgetown’s holiday gift shop. I am sure that a note and envelope will be coming home soon about this.
We have the perfect “reusing” idea in the classroom. Please send in one light bulb to the classroom during the next week. It does not need to work so check around the house for any that need to be replaced. The energy efficient bulbs will not work for this project. See picture below if you are not sure of what type of bulb to send in.
I came across the pictures from the Halloween party. Thanks for sending the pictures to me Mrs. Rossback. Many of you have asked me about my son and I wanted to let you know that he is doing very well. Thank you for everything that you did to make this party a success. I’m sorry that I missed it.
We will have a test on the sound unit on Monday, December 3rd.
The children are completing a variety of science experiments for our sound unit. This is a loud unit for the classrooms that are close to ours. Click on Making Horns to hear what we mean. We were able to see how pitch changes with the length of the straw. We have been reviewing the specific vocabulary terms for this unit. Your child should have brought home flashcards to practice at the beginning of the week. An online quiz, matching game or printable flashcards can be viewed by clicking on the picture below:
If your child would like to visit websites that provide a review, as well as, allow them to experiment with sounds, instruments, pitch and vibration, click on the pictures below:
Address: 2900 Baldwin Street Hudsonville, MI 49426; Fair Haven Ministries is located down the road from Georgetown Elementary at the corner of Baldwin Street and 28th Ave. This program is led by Georgetown’s two music teachers: Mrs. VanRiijs Gr K and Mrs. Bretz Gr 1-5What time do students need to be at the church? 15 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE PROGRAM
- K, Gr. 1, Gr 2: 6:15 pm
- Grades 3,4 and 5: 7:30 pm
There will be signs at the church directing you to your child’s classroom assignment and also this information will be sent home prior to the program. Below are the room assignments by grade. To view a map of the room locations, click here: fairhavenmap
- PK/K – Family Life Center
- 1st – 100 Wing
- 2nd – 400 Middle
- 3rd – 100 Wing
- 4th – 400 Middle
- 5th – Family Life Center
No. The only reserved seats will be for the directors, videographer, and teachers.
- Doors will open at 6:30 and seating is first come first served.
- Please be respectful and courteous to other families.
- WCET TV will be taping and televising the program so that families who are unable to attend can still see it. If you do not want your child to be shown on WCET TV, do not attend the program. Notify your child’s teacher and Mrs. Bretz/Mrs. VanRiijs that your child will be staying home rather than participating.
- Auditions during or after class time.
- History of prior solo or part performance in past years.
- There are 600+ students and we do our best to make this process fair and equitable over time.
- MAP of the CHURCH will arrive home on Tuesday. It is also available here: fairhavenmap
- DVD order form will be attached to this information. You can also download the order form here. Holiday dvd
- NOTE: Georgetown does NOT set the price for the DVD. This is done by WCET. The cost of the DVD goes toward programming fees, staff compensation, materials, etc.
We were able to purchase one lantern light to give to the Nyaka School in Uganda. The children couldn’t believe how dark our room was without the lights on and only using a little lantern to finish their work. Remember tomorrow is our last day for donations for PE Cares and Spreading a Little Light.
We will be purchasing books at the Book Fair tomorrow, November 8th, at 12:40.
From November 5-16, we will be engaged in a school wide service project called TWO ACTS OF MINDFUL GIVING: LOCAL AND GLOBAL.
I will provide an update on our class giving on Friday Nov 8 and Friday Nov 16.
- Our class goal is to raise $60 and bring in 60 non-perishable items.
- We would like every child to donate 2 non-perishable food items and 2 dollars toward this service project.
- The canned goods will supply local families with much needed food. The money will purchase a rechargeable solar light for schools in Uganda.
To find out more about this special project, please visit our GEORGETOWN BLOG. And…thank you for giving!