Thank you for your support

I am truly humbled by the support that everyone has given with our Day 2 Quest (raising money by providing a service to purchase material to make scarves for the homeless). The children have gone above and beyond my expectations for this activity. I purchased material this weekend thinking that the students would bring in between $1.00-$3.00 each. They have earned $120.20 thus far, which has left me speechless. Needless to say, I went back out to purchase more material. The children will wrap each scarf when they are done with a ribbon, candy cane and small note. I am hoping to add a certificate for a hot coffee from McDonald’s too. The scarves will be delivered on December 18th when hiking in the city.

When the children were asked about how they felt about this activity, here are some of the responses that I received:

• I think this was a good idea because it helped both your parents (by doing the jobs) and the homeless.
  • I think it is a good idea because now they can stay warm and it was kind and generous.
  • I learned that you had to take responsibility and do a good job to get paid.
  • I learned that I could give my parents a break from their work by doing extra jobs.
  • I learned that I should maybe vacuum and do stuff like that more.
  • I learned that it is actually fun doing chores.
  • I learned to not be lazy. Be nice and help clean the house.
  • I provided a service of washing the dogs and learned that the more I do this, the better I get.
  • I learned that you have to do work well to get paid.
  • I learned that it was very hard work.

The children did an amazing job with this task! I am very proud of them and the excitement that they had when coming to school to report on the weekend. I would love it if some of them could stay after school on Thursday, December 8th, to assist with the finishing touches. Please email me if you are interested and I will give you additional details. They would need a ride home at 5:00. Thanks a bunch!