We have been focusing on the following terms in Unit 4:
- Line of Symmetry divides a figure in half so that if you fold along the line, the two halves match each other exactly.
- Congruent is the same size and shape.
- Quadrilateral= 4 sides or 4 angles
- Parallelogram=4-sided shape that has 2 pair of parallel sides. The parallel sides are also the same length.
- Rhombus=parallelogram with all four sides the same length.
- Square=a rectangle whose sides are all the same length.
- Rectangle=parallelogram whose corners are all right angles.
Look closely at our skeleton project. What do you notice? First you will see that there is one line of symmetry. Did you even notice that the ribs are the student’s name written in cursive?